weight loss ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo


I love fettuccine alfredo. Most times when we go out for Italian food I will order it. I've tried to make it at home and never tastes as good, until tonight. I found a very easy and yummy looking reicpe for Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo in a current issue of Taste of Home. Everyone liked it, even the kids :) I thought I'd share it here.

1 package(12 oz) fettuccine
8 bacon stips, cut into 1 in. pieces
1 pound boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, cubed
2 cups sliced mushrooms(I diced them so the kids wouldn't notice them so much)
6 green onions, thinly sliced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 1/2 cups half and half cream
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. coarse ground black pepper

Extra Parmesan for topping servings

1. Cook the fettuccine. While it is cooking, cook the bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Reserve 1-2 tablespoons of the drippings in the skillet.

2. Saute the chicken in the drippings until no longer pink. Add the mushrooms and green onions. Cook until the mushrooms are tender. Add garlic and cook one additional minute. Stir in the cream, cheese, paprika and pepper. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes. Stir in the reserved bacon.

3. Drain the fettuccine, place in a serving bowl. Add the chicken mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with additional cheese.

So Yummy! We had a fresh loaf of bread and caesar salad with it.

Be Blessed!

No comments: