Just thought I would pop in. No pics to share right now though.
Monday morning we started back with some math review and our bible devotions. It's going pretty good. Both of the kids retained most of what they learned last year. We are working a bit on the upper multiplication tables since they forgot some of those, but it seems to be coming back pretty quickly. Today, Abby reviewed division, and Jacob began division with remainders. He's catching on quick, FINALLY! He says if all he ever had to do was math, he would be find with that. LOL Big change from a few years ago. We'll start back on our full schedule load on Sept. 2nd.
Both have been reading alot. Abby has discovered the Beverly Cleary(which are bit under her reading level, but she wouldn't read them before, and is enjoying them) and Judy Blume books. SuperFudge is a current favorite. LOL Jacob is way into his Hardy Boys and Brian Jacques and eagerly anticipating the release of the newest Warrior's book next week. He earned a new book last week and is waiting for it to come out.
The house is totally unpacked and put away, finally! Though I do have all the filing cabinet stuff piled in front of it and not in it yet. I'm trying to talk Paul into one that is a bit bigger. We'll see what he says. I've purged it twice now, once right before we moved and again here. There are just so many important things to hold onto.
Abby had another huge spill on her bike the day before yesterday. Apparantly she got too close to her brother and collided. She's scraped from the top of her right shoulder all the way down the back of her arm, under her arm all the way down to her hip and down her thigh to her knee. It took forever to get her cleaned up (and I cried too, cause it was hurting her to clean her up) and bandaged. She's still pretty sore, but they all are showing signs of healing though under her arm is still very much bruised as well. It hurts her the most besides the back side of her arm(which looked like she got a burn from Jacob's tire. Jacob didn't even fall, and is fine.
Paul has a four day weekend coming up for Labor day. If it's not too hot we promised the kids a ride along the river path. The complete loop is 17 miles. Not too sure we'll make it the whole way, but who knows?! Monday, some of Paul's family will be here for a bbq. We are looking forward to that.
We tried a church on sunday. We'll probably have to go back though. There was hardly anyone there, the pastor was on vacation and they had a special speaker(who was very good!). Guess that happens this time of the year.
Still waiting for soccer to start. Since we signed up so late, she's on a team without a coach. I don't think I know enough to coach and Paul goes to 10 hour days next week and will already be involved with Jacob's Boy Scout troop. So we'll see. They are giving it until tomorrow for someone to volunteer. If not they'll disband the team and try to place them on other teams. Which is fine for us. Normally, she would play with the closed neighborhood school, but since we homeschool and don't know very many people yet(and no one that plays soccer her age) I said I didn't mind her being on a different team in the area.
Well, that's about it for now.
Be blessed!
5 comments:
Great update, Becki.
Nate wanted to get a 4 drawer filing cabinet (we currently have a 2 drawer) but then got wishy washy about it LOL.
Ouch re Abby!!! That sounds painful!!! I hope she heals quickly!
Nate tells me he's gotta work this weekend.
It's good to hear how things are going for you. I didn't have a chance to post on HIC, but I'm also praying for your mil.
Sounds like all is good in your little part of the world.
Ouch! on Abby's bike wreck. Hope she's feeling better.
Amber is a big fan of the Fudge books too. She has them all. Right now she is working her way through the Katie Kazoo series.
Paul doesn't want a taller one(filing cabinet) and doesn't think there's room for a wider one. LOL
Abby is healing nicely. :)
Gale, Abby has read most of the Katie Kazoo books as well :)
Post a Comment