So I've finally gotten around to the blog again. Internet was spotty at best while traveling! And I've gotten out of the habit of being online, which can be a GOOD thing. LOL!
The drive out was fine, a little long in the end. But I managed to do it just fine, and I'm glad that it's behind me. Paul was very good at encouraging me. In fact at one rest stop, he was so positive with me about it that I was almost in tears over the concern and praise he had for me. LOL He's definitely a keeper for sure! :)
It was interesting watching Jacob and Paul talking in the truck in front of me. I would give almost anything to listen to their conversation as they are both pretty quiet guys! Abby kept me company. Thankfully she loves my Matthew West cd and I only had to endure a litte bit of Hannah Montana on the way :) She really is growing up though. You can tell just in her conversation. Her favorite phrase the whole way was "I'm so glad we don't have to live in the middle of nowhere!". There was a LOT of middle of nowheres around. Heehee!
We had a blast down in Twin Falls with Paul's brother and family. The cousins got along great. My youngest nephew is a cutie for sure! Of course they all are, but he's the baby! We saw Paul's parents and sister and kids briefly before they left for their vacation. We are hoping to drive back down soon to visit.
We found a house. That proved to be difficult at first, but the Lord provided the perfect house for us in his own timing. It's a bit smaller than the last one, but I really, really like it. There were no curtains or window coverings and it's been fun shopping for them. I've never had the opportunity to do that before.
We only have the schoolroom/office left to unpack. Hopefully, I'll get to it soon. I don't like looking at all those boxes! We have a beautiful yard, with some pear and cherry trees and even a walnut tree! Paul mowed today and Jacob will do part of it this next time. He is really looking forward to it. He wanted to mow at the last house but the yard was too slanted for Paul to feel comfortable letting him do so.
Another funny, one day last week we were at Golden Corral for dinner. Jacob went to the salad bar and came back with a plate full of spinach(those that know him well, know that would never happen had he known what it was). I didn't say anything, and he sat down and proceeded to eat it. When he was done I asked him how it was. He said it was really, really good lettuce. I told him it was spinach. LOL Anyways, he's asking me to buy spinach for him now. It might even take the place of carrots. LOL Probably not. But he loves it!
I will try and take pictures of the house soon!
Be blessed!
7 comments:
Becki,
It is so good to hear from you. You sure are fast, if you are already almost unpacked. It usually takes me a very long time. It is the second worst thing about moving, the first is the initial packing. I look forward to your photos. Stay in touch.
Love,
Lanita
I agree with Lanita, you are a fast unpacker! You can say you're experienced and that is why, but since I too have had lots of experience in that area, well, it didn't help me. LOL
Well it's out of the boxes anyways! I'm still figuring out where to put things in the Masterbedroom. We are trying to work buying some new furniture for that room into the budget. We'll see! The kids are old enough that they've been a huge help. They both did their rooms with minimal help! And Paul has done quite a bit as well! Thanks for the comments and I miss you both!
it's so great reading a blog entry from you!
Sounds like things have gone well! Can't wait to see pix!
Glad to see a new blog entry from you.
Go you for doing such a good job driving to your new home. You are a better woman than me. LOL. Good thing Ray has decided on a motorcycle instead of another car. Much easier to move if we don't end up staying here.
Too funny about having to listen to a bit of Hannah Montana. Ray was appalled when he was home visiting from Ft Riley last winter that the kids had discovered radio Disney on the satellite radio.
Enjoy the shopping and decorating your new house. Look forward to pictures.
So sounds like you guys are getting settled. And that the kids are having some fun. Can't wait to see pics of the new place.
I'm glad you guys made the trip safe and sound! I look forward to seeing photos of the new house!
xoxox
Kimmy
Post a Comment