weight loss ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

This and That

Friday I sprained my ankle. It's not too bad, and I'm now walking on it again pretty regularly. I actually think I bruised it more than sprained it. I tripped over a hanging rack in the laundry room.(more than a few times! yikes!).

Saturday morning, before we left for Twin, we drove up to Nampa and found a used curriculum sale I'd heard about. I had my list of books I still needed and was thrilled to find, Abby's math and two of her reading list books, and all of Jacob's literature curriculum and grammar and composition curriculum for $50. That was $160 worth of books. Saved $110 over buying brand new. Very excited about that. I ordered their science books yesterday and can't wait to get them. Abby chose to do the Elementary Apologia's Exploring Creation with Flying Creatures of the Fifth Day(or Zoo 1). Jacob will be doing Apologia's Exlporing Creation with General Science. Now I just have to order Abby's consumable workbook for Language Arts and we are set. I had found the rest of their books at Homeschool Potpourri back in Wa. before we left.

We drove on into Twin and spent the day and night at Paul's dad's house. We got up Sunday morning and drove back to Boise, since Paul had things he wanted to get done before going back to work on Monday. I'm excited because we stopped and bought new dressers for our bedroom. One of ours didn't make it in the move(it literally fell apart!) and the other one was barely holding on. (On a side note, both our couch and loveseat were torn in the move and will be replaced soon also.)

The last few days have been spent getting the schoolroom/office upacked. Everything is out of the boxes and their desks are pretty much organized. Now I have to put all the files back in the filing cabinet and organize the two bookshelves.

Spent some time yesterday finding Jacob a new Boy Scout troop. That proved to be a bit difficult because they are quite dominated by a particular religioius group in this area, but we did finally find one. They are off until Sept, so he has to wait a couple more weeks. We also signed Abby up for soccer on monday. She should start practices this next week. She is really excited about it.

We found an AG church about 1/2 mile from here we want to try. Hopefully sunday, since we'll be in town.

Saturday, we plan to take the kids to the fair.

We've met some more neighbor's. They have three girls, 14, 8 and 5.

Abby fell off her bike and took a chunk out of her knee. Of course she was riding in her flipflops:( I think she'll be fine, but I got nauseous looking at it. Paul finished cleaning it up, put some antibiotic cream on it and bandaged her up. Jacob was really sweet with her. He helped her up and moved her bike out to the road, walked her to the house and went back and got her bike and then his. He then hovered over her until daddy had her patched up!

That's about all I have for now.

Be blessed!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Great pics! Thanks for sharing. It's nice to hear you are all working on settling in.

Anonymous said...

Hi Becki,I didn't know you moved!  Nice house!  And the kids are really growing!  So...you are now in Boise.  Having fun it sounds like.We are doing ok.  Dustin moved to Alto, Ill. about 5 hours away which is closer than Phoenix or Colorado.  Travis and Heidi are still in Wyo.Keep in touch and tell all hi for us!Rob & Susi

Anonymous said...

oh no re your ankle!

woohoo on finding the curriculum books!! score!

that sucks about your furniture :(

Glad you were able to find Jacob a Boy Scout troop. And got Abby signed up for soccer.

the fair sounds like fun.

ouch re Abby's knee!! So sweet of big bro Jacob!! I know that must've warmed your heart!

Take care :)

Anonymous said...

What ankle was it? It wasn't the one that you hurt when you were playing softball? Well sounds like you guys are having some fun. I would be a litte freaked out about Abby's knee too. And that is not alot since I do see things like that at work. Well talk to you later!!!!