Yippeee! They found a coach. She starts practice next week with her first game on the 6th of September. She is very excited to begin again :) Had to buy her new soccer cleats. She wears the same size shoe I do. Wow!
Today was just a normal day. We did venture out for toothpaste and a stop at the post office. Since we were in that direction and Jacob had seen a library sign the other day, we went ahead and found it. It was a very nice library and it's not too far away. I think we'll probably use this one often. Jacob found more Hardy Boys books and some books on military vehicles(he's been drawing pics of the different ones he knows about and making a book). Abby found some horse stories and then got Little Women on cd and On The Banks of Plum Creek(Little house on the Prairie) on cd. She loves to pop them in the cd player and just draw while listening. When we moved we put the second tv in our room(it's not hooked up, just stored for now, until we decide what to do with it). The one in the living room doesn't go on during the day. Just the rule and they are pretty used to it. We do turn it on if I see something interesting on one of the history channels or something. The other day we watched a very interesting biography of Bill Gates. Anyways, they haven't had too much trouble finding other things to do, instead of watching tv :)
Abby is healing nicely from her bicycle fall. Jacob made his first ebay transaction last friday and is eagerly anticipating the mailman each day waiting for a Lego train part.
Paul tried to hang the curtains in the living room last night and I bought the wrong size, so I will have to go back to Walmart for the right ones. I was concentrating so hard on finding the right length that I didn't pay attention to the width! LOL
Well it's time to get the kids in bed. So I will end this post.
Be blessed!
3 comments:
I'm glad a coach was found!
LOL - scary you and her share a shoe size now!!
Glad she's healing from the bike fall.
I saw something on tv about Boise the other day and thought about y'all :)
Was it about the fires? They weren't too far from where we are. You could see the smoke and debris in the air....
Glad they found a coach. Hope she enjoys the season.
YEA for you turning off the tv. We are not big tv watchers here either, except Ray, who watches anything sports related. My kids would all rather read, draw, play games, or play outside. The girls do watch the Disney channel for a little bit before bed, but that's about it.
Post a Comment