weight loss ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, September 21, 2009

Thankful for Health

The kids and Paul had been sick with colds since the middle of last week. So far I have managed to escape this round! Paul usually ends up with a sinus infection every time he has a cold. We think he missed out on the sinus infection this time around! WoooHooo!

Today was a fairly normal day. We did school and then Abby had her gymnastics class after lunch. She is still a bit timid but the teachers are great about getting her to try. By the end of class she was doing really well and flipping on the tramp. She did hit her face with her knee a couple of times though!

It was cold this morning. The air conditioner has been off all day. Hoping to not have to turn it on again. We switched the sprinklers to every other day and are anticipating a call from our landlord that they will be coming to blow out the sprinkler system for the cold weather soon. Had Jacob go through his cold weather clothing and looks like he is pretty good for this season, his growing has seemed to slow for awhile. He's almost 14, so I think he will grow a bit more, but probably not alot. I still need to have Abby go through her things.

Made some zucchini corn cakes to go with dinner. It was a new to us recipe, very simple and very good :)

Paul and I got in a walk after dinner. Hoping to keep that up. The kids are doing well at home for short amounts of time. They get along. Jacob likes staying home, Abby not so much yet, but as long as it's not for more than 30 minutes or so, she doesn't fret too much.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow. I don't have to go anywhere! LOL I did move laundry day to Tuesday though, because it just wasn't fitting in Monday's schedule anymore.

Well, I will close as I'm sure you were all so excited to read about my normal day! LOL

Be Blessed!

5 comments:

kandyblossom said...

Hope everyone is starting to feel better.

I went through the girls' clothes last week. Jaz seem to be in ok shape, just needs some tennis shoes and maybe a couple t-shirts for home (wears uniforms at school) Amber has completely outgrown everything. BLAH! Bought her two pair of jeans with shirts and a new pair of shoes last weekend. It's not much, but it's a start.

Would you mind sharing the zucchini corn cake recipes? We love zucchini.

Enjoy your day at home!

cdayzee said...

I'm glad this round his missed you! You should keep some Zicam on hand!

What have your temps been like?

Glad you got a walk in :)

ikwym! Today I've got laundry as well.

Rachel said...

Oystein gets a sinus infection every time he gets a cold too! Bummer. TFS your day!

Unknown said...

I still think it hilarious to hear people talk about laundry DAY...around here we do 4 loads everyDAY!
Too funny! Glad you are feeling better!

Cheri said...

I was thinking the same thing as Dawn. We do laundry every day too and there is only the six of us.

I am jealous of your walks with hubby. Some day my girls will be old enough for us to leave them for 30 minutes by themselves! :)