weight loss ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

So maybe I should blog again.....

It has been way too long, I know. I got out of the habit and I also started pen and paper journaling again during my Bible study time. The kids do that with theirs and I was setting the example(or trying to anyways!). Just didn't get it done online too. Then Facebook exploded and I know most of who read my blog are on there, but not everyone! So, yes, I need to blog again. I WANT to blog again.

I don't have any exciting things to share at the moment. Just in the middle of our regular day to day life. Paul was gone more than half of the summer for work related things. He was home most of July, and with help(gas money!) from my dad, we made a quick trip back to Washington to visit. We stayed a week with my brother and his family and tried to fit in seeing everyone. Had a great time, we did find that while we very much miss all of our family and friends, we do not miss living in Wa. state! That was a shock to me, as everytime we have moved away, I've desparately wanted to get back there. This time, not so much, looks like Idaho was made for us :)

Anyways, Paul is finally home to stay for at least the next year. I commented the other day to him that it felt like summer just passed us by and we didn't get to really enjoy it at all. I mean the kids and I stayed busy while he was gone, but he missed so much of it :(

We finished up our last homeschool year in June when my sister came to visit for a week. We started back up with our newest year(Jacob 8th grade and Abby 6th grade) the first full week of August. We took the week before Labor Day and half the next week off since Paul was home and off. We are in the swing of things and our co op starts back up next week. Abby started a homeschool gymnastics class this past monday and we are still waiting for the archery schedule for Jacob. Abby and I are participating in a mother/daughter book club that a friend started up and Jacob is looking at maybe joining the teen advisory at the library with a friend of his. Both children would like to have music lessons(Abby-piano and Jacob-drums) but we are waiting to see what our full schedule is like and also to see if we can fit them in finance wise. There are so many great opportunities and options for extra curricular activities out there but there is not enough time or money to do them all.

We are really enjoying our church and talking about becoming members when the next membership opportunity comes around. We started attending sunday school this past sunday when they started back up after breaking for the summer. We all enjoyed our classes a lot. Jacob really likes the youth group on wednesday nights, Abby loves her Girl's Ministries class, and Paul and I both really like the Pastor's Bible study. We had to miss out tonight as both kids have colds and Paul is starting to feel one coming on as well. Abby is also participating in Junior Bible Quiz and is doing a great job with it. She memorized all of the first set of questions very quickly. I liked them because they actually correlated with what she was learning during her Bible time. I knew she was actually learning :) She's working on the 20 point questions right now and getting them down quick. Jacob is picking them up quickly too, and had the opportunity for Teen BQ, but is not quite ready for something like that. He just does not like performing in front of others. That's okay though!

So that's about it for right now. Nothing profound, but thought I'd catch you all up with what we are doing around here. I'm going to make a point to post more often. And hope to include some pictures as well.

Be Blessed!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Sounds like you are all doing very well! We miss you - sorry we couldn't get together in July...we were still trying to figure out life with 6! Glad you are back to blogging!

Rachel said...

I do hope you get back to blogging. I, for one, may be on facebook but rarely check it. It's good to "hear from you."

Jennifer said...

Thanks for posting, Becki. We are all interested in how you are... and I never look at FB - too much of who found a lost sheep on their farm, if you know what I mean!!!!

Misty said...

So glad Idaho was made for you! :)

cdayzee said...

Good to see an entry! Glad things are going well!

kandyblossom said...

Yea! Good to see an update blog entry from you.

Glad to hear that Paul is home to stay for awhile.

Sounds like schooling is going well. Kudos on the kids for being interested in music. Jazmyne ended up switching from choir back into band. She's much happier playing her tuba instead of singing. Amber is in her first year of band. Stiil not sure what instrument she will play. The teacher is still testing them. Looks like it will be the flute or trumpet.

That's great about the church too. We still haven't found one here, but it's ok. We have found over the years that home/family churching works best for us anyway.