weight loss ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Revive the Blog?

I really would like to revive my blog. I just seem to have less and less time. Easier to post snippets on Facebook. But I'd like to try.

It's been more than a year since I've written a post. So much changes in that amount of time.

After the new year, we were ready to start our house hunt. Paul only had a little over 3 years left in the AGR program before he retires. He checked and was fairly assured there would be no upcoming moves, that we were here in Idaho to stay. So we found a realtor, who we really liked! If you are in need of one now or in the future check out www.daveramsey.com! They have a list of recommended realtors who have completed the Financial Peace program and promote it. Very cool! Anyways, we started out on our hunt. Within that same week, Paul was notified that he was pcs'ing(permanant change of station) to California! Completely came out of nowhere! He tried to see what he could do to get out of it, but in the end there was nothing. We've come to accept it, and realize that God has this in His plan. So though we are sad to be leaving Idaho, we are excited to see what is in store for us in California.

In the meantime....Jacob has turned 16! Abby just turned 14 :) Paul traded in his truck for a Honda hybrid car in anticipation of his longer commute and gas costs in CA. We really love the car though!

Abby participated in Fine Arts last month. She was in a group drama that received a superior score and an invitation to National Fine Arts in Kentucky. She also sang a solo, and played a guitar solo. She received excellent ratings for both.

Both kids are keeping quite busy. We are starting to finish up some of our school subjects for this school year. Our goal is to be competely done by the end of May.(the last few years we've run into June.)

Easter is tomorrow. We will have church in the morning. Paul and Abby are both singing in the choir. Then a lunch out and hopefully some family time on the greenbelt trail. It is supposed to sunny and warm tomorrow :)

Well that's it for now :)

Be Blessed!

3 comments:

mpence said...

I like to see updates on your blog with how you are doing - especially since I do not really get on facebook these days!

The Stetson family said...

I would love to read more in your blog too! Would be a great way to journal your move and give others a chance to follow along!

Lanita said...

Hi stranger, it is great to see you back. I concur, I am rarely on FB and would love to hear how things are going your direction!! Glad to see you back. (the girls and I were just discussing the other day how old Abbey was, I can't believe she is 14!!!)