The last two days have been quite eventful. Yesterday, our homeschool co-op met in the morning. I got there early as I put up room signs and then I teach first hour, so I like to get in and get my room set up. Abby was next door(divided portable room) helping to move tables for her drama class(no teacher was there yet). I ran around to check the thermostat because my room was HOT(they share a thermorstat), just as I walked in the room I saw Abby lift a 6 foot long HEAVY table to tip it thinking her friend had the other side. Nope! And it fell right on her left foot. The angle I was at I wasn't sure it had actually hit her foot at first. I yelled if she was alright and all she could do was look at me and I saw the tears welling up in her eyes. Ran over and lifted the table. Got her to a chair and checked out her foot. Big toe was already swelling, but she could move it though it was painful. I asked her if she wanted me to call daddy and see if he could take her to the doctor. She decided it wasn't hurting too bad and wanted to stay in class. She had stopped crying, so I let her stay and went next door to teach. I don't have a class 2nd hour, so I went to check on her. She wanted to stay, it only hurt alot if she stood on it. So I called the doctor while she was in class. They called back and said since it was her big toe, that it would probably be a good idea to take her in and have xrays. They were concerned it may have hit another part of her foot and affected the growth plates. Class was almost over, so I waited the few minutes then grabbed her and Jacob and headed to Urgent Care. By the time we got there, she was limping pretty bad. They offered her a wheel chair, but she didn't want it. We saw the doctor, the only thing that hurt was her toe, but they went ahead and sent her to xray. They did the whole foot. No broken toe, and we did find out that her growth plate in her foot is fused and done growing :) Her toe is black and blue under the toenail. Really hoping she doesn't lose the nail. She followed doctors orders and was off of it for 24 hours. We went to lunch today, but then she was off of it the rest of the day. She has convention this weekend for Girl's Ministries, she went tonight, but I told her to try to stay off of it as much as possible. She has to hand down her title at pageant tomorrow night, though she may be wearing her converse with her dress instead of her pretty sandals with the heel!
My new phone(Paul and I upgraded to smart phones and handed down our old phones to the kids a couple weeks ago) hasn't been working right, and yesterday I kept missing calls because it wouldn't let me answer. It was also turning itself off mulitple times a day. So went to the TMobile store. They right away said it was defective and would replace it. Then tried to charge me shipping and restocking fees!Um....NO. I was within their 14 day policy and still had to fight to the point of pointing out that we purchased it on 31 of March and it was only 12 of April. He kept trying to say I was a month past the 14 days! I left with a new phone and not owing anything. I do have to go back when the manager is there, because I don't think I should have to purchase a new screen protector when the phone was defective, not damaged because of me.....Argh!
Today, Paul's dad and stepmom and sister were in town for an appt. We were able to all meet them for lunch at TGIFridays. Yum! Haven't been there in a long time. Even Paul was able to take an early lunch and meet us up there :)
Kids finished school when we got home. Got Abby ready and ran her up to the church. Came home and had chicken tacos for dinner. I had put the chicken in the crockpot this morning. LOVE crockpot meals!
Be Blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment