Thankyou Uncle Paul/Daddy for the treats from the ice cream truck!
Finally, the weather has started to warm up. We had a busy week this past week. I won't bore with the details but I spent everyday with at least one person from our homeschool group. I found that funny as, we usually are only out and about a couple days a week. LOL But it was nice to see friends before we move. Only five more weeks. The time is going by quickly.
Yesterday, my niece and nephew spent the day with us. They were going to spend the night, but my nephew got cold feet and we did the run them home in the middle of the night thing! Of course we saw them today and they wanted to spend tonight at our house. LOL
We spend most of yesterday at the park with all the kids. They all had a great time, including Jacob, who sometimes thinks he's too big for all that kid stuff. LOL It wasn't too crowded and pretty nice. They played in the water feature and on the playground. Paul and I got to sit and chat, which we haven't got to do for quite some while. It was just a nice afternoon. We came home and did some things that needed done around the house, while the kids made Lego city out on the back deck. They had a blast and all got along well.
This next week doesn't look too busy. Abby will go to a friend's house tomorrow for the day. She's been gone alot lately and normally I don't let her go so often, but since we are moving, she really wants to spend time with her friends. Jacob has Boy Scouts tomorrow night. Tuesday is Abby's book club. They read "Baby Island" this month. I think this might be her last time meeting with them. We will be in the middle of moving come the meeting in July. She has really enjoyed this group. I like that it's getting her reading. She reads well, but doesn't always like to. Lately, she has found some really good books though. Right now both kids are upstairs reading for the library reading program. Jacob didn't want to participate at first, because you have to write a summary of what you read. But then found out there are weekly drawings in his age group for gift cards to the mall as incentives. He changed his mind quick! LOL
Be blessed!
Becki
1 comment:
Hey! Those can't be your little tiny children... Jacob is so tall! When did that happen!?
Becki, I am so glad I found your blog. I am glad to be able to keep up with your on-the-go family.
Blessings to you,
Jennifer
Post a Comment