weight loss ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Home Is Where Your Story Begins

I was reading an email newsletter from Lorrie Flem at TEACH magazine. I no longer receive the magazine(due to finances, it's quite expensive(but good!) and just one of those not needed things that had to go, hopefully one day I'll subscribe again), but love receiving her newsletters. She wrote about a sign she bought in a gift shop. It states "Home Is Where Your Story Begins". I liked that. It got me thinking just like it did her. I fondly look back on my beginnings in my home with my own parents. As I've grown up(Am I grown up already at 35?) I look back more and more and see where I've come from. How my mom and dad shaped me into who I am. Alot of what I believe and how I think come from them. Weird how when I was younger I thought they were wrong or old all the time. Now that I'm older, I'm proud of who I came from. I only pray that our children will feel the same about Paul and I as they grow up and start families of their own(boy I hope that time doesn't come too quickly though!). I never imagined I would move away from my family(over and over again!). But this is where our life takes us and I'm happy to go. I remember my mom telling me once when I was in about my late teens, that no matter what life throws at you, when times are good or times are bad, remember to have fun and give your thanks to God. No matter how bad things might seem or look unknown, He knows all and sees the plan. Something to that effect anyways. I dealt with alot of worry and anxiety growing up. I didn't recognize it then, but I've sure recognized it in the last few years. It is one thing I hope not to pass on. I never remember seeing my mom worried or anxious and there were plenty of times she could have been. She always held quiet and steadfast and moved on through the storms. And laughed and had fun too!

Anyways, that was a little raw sharing of thoughts. I don't profess to be a great writer, not even a good one. Never been one of my strong areas. But I felt like sharing, so there you have it. It's late and time for sleep for this mama.

Be blessed!

Becki

No comments: