weight loss ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, October 16, 2009

Sweet Sixteen

Today marks the 16th anniversary of the day Paul and I married. We received a card from my dad and he called it sweet sixteen :)



We had plans to spend the day doing some touristy things, but the Army had other plans and Paul ended up in Salt Lake City working a promotion board :( I did just find out he is coming home today instead of tomorrow though! Our weekend is busy so we can't reschedule our original plans but that's quite alright. His dad and stepmom are coming up to Boise on monday for an appointment at the VA hospital. They are going to stay the night and watch the kids, so we will get to go out kid free for the evening! Thankyou Papa and Grandma!



We have just been so busy. Trying to remember what all we did...... LOL. My mind is coming up blank though. Oh last week we went to a free Lincoln Brewster concert. It was alot of fun. I got to exercise my mama letting go skills as Abby met a friend whom we didn't know was going to be there. She asked and was granted permission to go sit with her friend and family, out of my sight... Heehee. I slightly know the parents (from church) and the concert venue wasn't too large, and I gave her my phone, and Paul thought I was being over protective.....LOL She had alot of fun and all went well. Best behaviour according to friend's parents :)



Saturday evening, we had some friends over for dinner and they taught us to play a new game, Killer Bunnies. I wasn't too sure about this based on the name of the game, but it really is a fun and innocent game(well except for getting your bunnies killed I guess!). We really enjoyed our time and will definitely have to get together again soon :)



School is going quite well. We have found our groove for the year, and as long as mama stays on top of things we run pretty smooth. I have to say that with these older grades there is a bit more prep than I'm used to, but then they are able to work more independently as well. And they are doing very good work. Jacob is taking more initiative with his assignments and even on his own broke down his Literature assignment from co-op into daily portions to work on and have complete before his next class. Go Jacob! So proud of him. He's also really starting to fit in and make some good friends at co-op and at church. He's always been so shy and quiet and had a hard time joining in, but consistent routine seems to be working well for him. When I went to get him from youth group Wed. night I was able to catch sight of him before he saw me and it did my heart good to see him conversing and having a good time with a group of guy friends!



We've had quite a bit of rain this week, but warmed up today and supposed to tomorrow too. Back to the low 70's. Have a busy weekend ahead. Abby is making crafts with the other girls from Girl's Ministries at church tomorrow to sell in the craft bazaar. I'm going to try and do some Christmas shopping after I drop her off. Sunday afternoon we have a membership class for church. Next week we have Paul's parents staying overnight, co-op, my birthday, a trip to the corn maze and my friend's "Pink" party along with our regular church activities and services.



My menu for this week was scattered. I didn't grocery shop, so we ate from freezer and pantry. Did mostly good on eating out, we will eat out tonight and we had lunch out with Paul one day last week.



Running out of things to share. Think I will go see what needs to be done before I pick up Paul at the airport.



Be blessed!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow. I had a three month old baby when you were getting married. I sure remember those days!!!!

Congratulations. I sure do think it is sweet sixteen for the two of you!!!!!

Misty said...

happy 16th!!!! :)

Rachel said...

Happy 16th anniversary!

Love the updates!

cdayzee said...

Happy Anniversary :)

Happy early birthday too :)

Sounds like things are going well for your family! :hugs:

Unknown said...

Happy anniversary! What a blessing! Sweet indeed!