weight loss ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Variables and Gliders

Measuring the distance. It broke on the very last throw! LOL
Throwing the glider.

This morning Abby made two gliders. With different sized wings. Then went outside and "flew" them, measured their distances and then averaged those. She learned about variables, measuring, averaging, hypothesis and speculation.
She wanted me to be sure and take pictures, because I've been taking them of Jacob's experiments. :)
Now, it's on to making lunch, paying bills, and helping out Jacob with his diorama of a Civil War era plantation. Then we've got soccer practice. Busy, busy day. But beautiful weather we've been having. Sticking around 87-90 degrees the last few days, but I see rain in the forecast for the weekend. Thankful for no soccer game, as it is a four day weekend for the local school district!
Be Blessed!

5 comments:

Misty said...

I hope it's ok that I found my way here. I didn't notice, via the comment, that you had a blog until later... :(

ok. I should resource school ideas from you. that's fantastic...

I don't even know the school holidays anymore... :(

Becki said...

You are very welcome to visit my blog Misty. Not as fancy as some, but it is what it is :) I only know about the school holiday because of soccer! LOL I was trying to figure out why there was no game scheduled this weekend. LOL

Rachel said...

Are you doing Apologia Flying Creatures this year? We will be too, with a small group here in Lynnwood.

Becki said...

Yes, Abby is. Jacob is doing Apologia's General Science this year since he is in 7th grade. Though he does like to sit in on Abby's lessons :) Oh and some of the astronomy stuff from last year has been coming in handy for Jacob in his current lesson. I'm amazed at how much he remembers! Especially since he would never answer anything at the co op! LOL

kandyblossom said...

Cool pictures. Your kids are getting soooo big!

Glad that things seem to be going well and everyone is all settled into the new area and the new school year.