I am attempting to step into the blogging world. My husband has promised to help me monitor my time online so this does not add to the time I already spend. You know how easy it is to lose time when you get sucked into this thing I am sure.
My first and foremost reason for starting this blog is to help our family and friends keep in touch and still see a glimpse into our life as we make yet another military move. This time the move takes us away from three years spent at "home". This always make the move harder I think. We are excited at what lies ahead of us, as throughout the whole process we have seen God's hand in it all. We've had a certain peace about it, though we are still sad to leave.
A little about our family. I am Becki(the wife and mom) and I'm married to Paul(the husband and dad). We have been married for almost 15 years! Such a milestone I think. The time has flown by, it seems like yesterday we were so young and even quite dumb at times. LOL Neat to see how we have grown up together over the years. I'm blessed to have spent the years with my hubby and so look forward to very many more.
We have two children. I'm not sure about sharing their names on a public blog. So for now they are ds12 and dd10. When I come up with nicknames I'll let you all know. :) Ds12 loves video games, Legos, books and building models. Dd10 loves animals(of all kinds), crafting and drawing. She also very much enjoys music and soccer. We homeschool the children and are just finishing up our third year doing so. The reasons we continue to do so are so much different from the original reason that we started. It's been awesome to see how God used one thing to help us see another and we believe that He has led us to do this very important job. I pray that He sees fit for us to continue to do so!
I am blessed to be able to stay home full time, taking care of my husband and children, our home, and overseeing the kid's learning. There are of course hard days, but I am finally finding the Joy that comes from this calling on my life! I do hope to share and convey that Joy through my posts. My JOY comes from my Lord!
I am also the wife of a soldier. I sometimes joke that I am married to the Army! It seems like they think they own us at times and get to dictate our life....but we know that Ultimately our Father above owns us and we are delighted to follow His path for our life. Sometimes we just need that "kick" to remind us! :)
I will close for now. I hope to add pictures as I blog, which means I will need to be better about getting the pics off of the camera and onto the computer. So if you don't see a pic for awhile just give me a shout. My profile pic is almost a year old! Does that say anything?
Have a Blessed day!
6 comments:
Hey Hun! Welcome to the world of blogging. Feel free to stop by my site any time. Look forward to updates and pics from your family.
Hi, Becki!!
I bookmarked you :)
I'm looking fwd to reading! (and seeing pix)
Hey Becki, welcome to the bloggin' world. :) I look forward to reading your blog and keeping in touch more than we really do on the group. Anyways, glad to hear you all are doing well. Take care!
Niki
Yay! Glad you are jumping on the bandwagon!
It will be fun to keep up with your family when you move ...blogging is fun and a great way to let extended family and friends know what is going on!
Hi Becki! Good to hear from you! Where are you moving to? I don't have much online time anymore but I'm looking forward to catching up with you again.
Post a Comment