Jacob that is!
This morning he had a dentist appointment. Bad mom that I am(actually just absentminded and yes it's just an excuse!) he hadn't been since we moved. A few weeks ago, I was doing my random check on how well he was brushing and noticed a spot on one tooth. Didn't look like a cavity or a chip plus he had one last baby tooth just hanging on and on and on....so finally made an appointment. He was so nervous. He hates changes in routines and things in his mouth. He can't stand weird textures or different tastes. He gags easily. But he has always, ALWAYS cooperated for the dentist. So off we went. He was breating funny and a little shaky, but he's my trooper and did great. He said next time he can do it on his own :) The spot is just a defect, a soft spot, they are going to go ahead and fix it so it doesn't become a cavity. The baby tooth is now gone. And the big one? His teeth are slowly straightening on their own. He most likely will not need braces. Music to our bank account! He had a healthy mouth full of teeth and gums and got an excellent thumbs up for his brushing and flossing.
Afterwards we went bowling. Met up with some people from church. The kids had fun, I so lost and Paul so won. Nothing new there! LOL We then decided to stop in at the new Hobby Lobby that opened up a couple of weeks ago. Love that place! While in the model aisle(which was huge and AWESOME as Jacob and Paul both put it) an older gentleman asked Jacob about skill level. My shy guy(with us standing there in the same aisle, so he felt okay talking to the stranger) proceeded to give a full out explanation about each skill level, what is involved, what the intended receiver might need help with, and so on. This gentleman then proceeded to look for a specific vehicle make which Jacob helped with while giving full explanation about different types, years, what is different between the years and so on. The little car expert that he is. I almost cried listening to him. He jumped right out of his shell and was one, willing to help someone, and two, used all the knowledge he's gained over the years about cars/models(one of his absolute fav subjects!). I was amazed at how comfortable he seemed sharing. Just melted my heart right there. Each day I am blessed to see such positive changes in him. I used to worry about him, not so much anymore. He may be on his own schedule, and it may be slower than the "norm" but he'll get there in his own time and I'm enjoying this new, huge, gain in his self confidence!
We ended the day with dinner out for Paul's bday. 41 he is now! And then watched the opening ceremony for the Olympics.
Also found out my dad is coming to visit next month! So excited about that!
It's late, I should go :)
Be blessed!
6 comments:
That is awsome Becki! I am rejoicing with you!
That is awesome Becki!
BTW its Niki :)
wow - WTG, Jacob!!
Happy Birthday, Paul :)
Had we been closer, wouldve been neat to celebrate our husbands' birthdays together :)
That is so cool!!
...just stumbled upon this! :) I am a homeschool mom, too!
Congratulations to your "shy guy" for speaking up! I have a couple of shy guys, too, and have always been excited to watch them grow socially. :) - You are right to be patient and let him go at his own pace!
Thankyou Corine. I just checked out your blog too and subscribed :) Welcome to my blog :)
Post a Comment